1.The C programming language is a POP procedural oriented programming language.
2. C is developed at Bell Laboratories in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie.
3.C programming language features were derived from an earlier language called “B” (Basic Combined Programming Language – BCPL).
4.In 1978, Dennis Ritchie and Brian Kernighan published the first edition “The C Programming Language” and commonly known as K&R C.
5.In 1983, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) established a committee to provide a modern, comprehensive definition of C. The resulting definition,
the ANSI standard, or “ANSI C”, was completed late 1988.
Features of POP :
1. Mainly focused on writing the algorithms.
2. Most function uses Global data for sharing which are accessed freely from function to function in the system.
3. POP follows the top down approach in program design.
4. It does not have data hiding options.
5. Functions transform data from one form to another.
6. Data can be moved openly from one function to another around the system.
7. Sub-division of large program into smaller programs called functions.
8. Overloading process is not applicable in POP.
Basic Syntax of C language :
#include<stdio.h> //c programming language provides many standards library functions for file input and output
#include<conio.h> //C programming contain functions for console input or output.The most common used functions of conio.h are clrscr, getch
//This is main() body